The Seasoning Procedure is on the menu in Book recipe, and we are going to teach you how to make this delicious recipe from scratch!
The Seasoning Procedure
- Rub your baking sheet with a very thin film of neutral oil (like canola or grapeseed, not extra virgin olive oil). The film needs to be almost imperceptible. If the baking sheet feels greasy, rub off the oil. Too much oil will turn sticky and won’t produce durable seasoning. Rub the inside and the outside (including the sides).
- Place the baking sheets in the middle of the 425F (220C) oven upside down for 1 hour. Flip the baking sheets right side up and place them in the oven for another hour.
- If doing 2 baking sheets at the same time, rearrange them a few times so that one is not always on top and one is not always on the bottom.
- Cool completely. If the seasoning feels sticky after cooling. Bake the sheets longer.
- This seasoning procedure can be repeated as many times as you want. But don’t apply another layer of oil until the first layer is rock hard.
If in the Boston area will attempt to contact your school….Mary
Holy moley, thank you for this! I just inherited a ton of baking sheets that need lots of TLC and this worked like a champ. Hooray!! Cookies for everyone 🙂