Cuisinart Culinary School
Build a solid French Culinary Foundation and you’ll always cook with Confidence! Join us as Celebrity Chef Jonathan Collins teaches us French Cuisine and techniques.
In episode 1 Chef Collins will teach you how to master the culinary basics, demonstrating basic knife skills, stocks, sauces, and soups.
On the menu:
- Knife Cuts – Brunoise, Mirepoix, Paysanne, Julienne, Chiffonade
- Bouquet Garni
- Roasted Vegetable Stock
- Chicken or White Stock
- Beef, Veal, or Brown Stock,
- White and Brown Roux
- Bechamel Sauce
- Mornay Sauce
- Pays Anne Soup
- Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
You’ll learn the critical knife cuts and understand their importance. See how to thicken and flavor sauces and soups with amazing results. Learn to build a wide variety of mother sauces for just a few simple ingredients. Make soup, both stock and cream effortlessly, with beautiful flavor and texture.
See as well:
- Episode 1: Knife skills, stocks sauces, and soups
- Episode 2 – Fruit, vegetables, herbs, and spices
- Episode 3 – Meat and poultry
- Episode 4 – Fish shellfish and seafood
- Episode 5- Pasta, rice, and gnocchi
- Episode 6 – Custard, pastry, and cheesecake