I made cronut, which means pastry donut or croissant+donut.
Actually, I never ate this.. so I don’t know exact taste. But I believe it’s similar.
It’s crunch outside and a little bit chewy inside. It just like a fried croissant.
I heard inside cronut, they fill with custard cream or vanilla cream. So I did that, but it didn’t taste good than I thought. Maybe my cream recipe wasn’t fit with this cronut.
- 100ml(1/3cup plus 1Tbsp) warm milk
- 4g(1tsp) instant dry yeast
- 30g(2Tbsp) sugar
- 1 egg
- 3g(1/2tsp) vanilla extract
- 250g(1cup plus 3/4cup) bread flour
- 2g(1/4tsp) salt
- 125g(9Tbsp) unsalted butter
For better taste, you can place in fridge about 1 day before you fry the dough.