Chef Anna Olson takes you from step one to step yum with this amazing Lemon Cranberry Scones recipe! Follow the directions below and you’ll be baking up a storm in no time!
- 2 cups (300 g) all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup (50 g) sugar
- 1 Tbsp (15 g) baking powder
- ¼ tsp (1 g) salt
- 1 Tbsp (6 g) finely grated lemon zest
- ½ cup (115 g) cool unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- ½ cup (125 ml) whipping cream
- ¼ cup (60 ml) 2% milk, plus extra for brushing
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla extract
- 1 cup (160 g) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup (130 g) icing sugar, sifted
- 1 ½ (22 ml) Tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 375 F and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Sift the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into a large bowl. Stir in the lemon zest. Cut in the butter until the mixture is rough and crumbly but still small pieces of butter are visible.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the cream, milk, egg and vanilla together. Add this to the flour mixture and stir to just bring the dough together, turning out onto a work surface to complete bringing it together with your hands. Flatten the dough out and press the cranberries into the dough, folding it over and flattening it out a few times to incorporate the cranberries.
- Shape the dough into a disc about 10-inches across. Cut the disc into 8 wedges and place them on the prepared baking tray, leaving a few inches between them. Brush the scones with a little milk and bake for 20 to 25 minutes until the scones are lightly browned on top. Cool completely before glazing.
- For the glaze, whisk the icing sugar and lemon juice together and drizzle over the scones using the whisk or a fork. Let the glaze set for an hour before serving.
- The scones are best enjoyed the day they are baked.