Bananas are one of the most versatile fruits out there. So go to the kitchen and try these delicious, desserts.
1-BANANA FRITTERS (Servings: 4-8)
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled
- 1 cup pancake mix
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¾ cup milk
- Oil for frying
- Powdered sugar to serve
- In a mixing bowl, use a fork to mash the bananas
- Add in pancake mix, cinnamon & milk. Whisk together until combined.
- Fry in oil. About 1 tablespoon per fritter.
- Cook for about 2-3 minutes until they are golden brown and cooked through the middle.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar
2-CHOCOLATE BANANA BRAID (Serves: 4-6)
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled and sliced
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- ¼ cup chocolate hazelnut spread
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 400°F (220°C)
- Unfold the puff pastry. Spread the chocolate hazelnut spread onto the middle third.
- Arrange the sliced bananas on top of the spread in a single layer. 4. Bananas may slightly overlap.
- Cut out a triangle of the top right corner of the pastry. Repeat on the other side.
- Cut diagonal slits along both sides of the pastry. Each will be around 1” thick.
- Fold over the top piece of dough to partially cover the top row of bananas.
- Alternating both sides, fold the strips of pastry over the bananas, mimicking a braid pattern.
- Trim the excess dough on the sides, and fold over the bottom flap.
- Brush the top of the braided pastry with the beaten egg. Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet for and bake 15 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown.
- Allow resting for 10 minutes before slicing.
3-BANANA PUDDING (Servings: 4)
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled
- 3 egg yolks
- ⅓ cup of sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups of milk
- Vanilla wafers
- Whipped cream
- Place the bananas, egg yolks, sugar, cornstarch, vanilla, and milk into a blender and blitz until smooth.
- Transfer mixture to a saucepan and cook over medium heat until thick stir constantly for about 8-10 minutes.
- Pour mixture into a heat-safe bowl, cover, and chill for at least 4 hours
- To serve, scoop a few spoonfuls of pudding into a serving glass. 5. Add one layer of vanilla wafers, then whipped cream. Repeat. Serve or allow to sit in the fridge for up to 4 hours.
4-PEANUT BUTTER BANANA BROWNIES (Servings: 8-10)
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup, plus 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup flour
- ¼ cup, plus 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup smooth peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a bowl, use a fork to mash the bananas. Add the sugar, ½ cup of butter, and vanilla, and whisk until combined. Add the flour, salt, and cocoa powder, and whisk until fully incorporated.
- Use the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter to grease a 9×9-inch baking tray.
- Use the remaining 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder to dust every side of the baking tray.
- Pour batter into prepared baking dish.
- Use a spoon to add dollops of peanut butter on top of the batter. 7.Use a butter knife to swirl the peanut butter into the brownie batter.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until center no longer jiggles when pan is shaken.
- Allow brownies to cool completely before cutting.